Looking for individuals with excellent communication and leadership skills. This position has excellent potential for personal achievement.
Under some supervision of an engineer or another Designer, a CAD Designer will use Computer Aided Drafting & Design (CADD) software to assist in the development of plans, details, and bills of materials. A CAD Designer will also be utilized for initial layout of basic horizontal and vertical geometry, roadway and structure layout, basic design computations, and quantity calculations. A CAD Designer could help assist, guide, and train CAD Drafters.
- All of the Typical Tasks of a CAD Drafter
- Application of client standards for initial layout and calculations
- Use of design software (InRoads, GEOPAK, or similar) for initial layout and advancement of design plans
- Assist, guide, and train CAD Drafters
- All of the Core Competencies of a CAD Drafter
- Ability to communicate with co-workers to assist, guide, and train others
- Basic knowledge of design software (InRoads, GEOPAK, or similar)
- 8+ years relevant work experience as a drafter and/or designer
- Department of Transportation design experience, specifically roadway & bridge projects
- GEOPAK and/or InRoads